Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Made-It: Number Magnets

Hey everyone! I hope you guys had a great 4th!! My husband and I flew up to Raleigh, NC this weekend to visit an old friend of mine (we've been friends since 5th grade!). We also went to the Outer Banks one night...we had a great time. :) Now I'm in Orlando for the week visiting my parents and just getting in some more pool time before school creeps up on me!!


Now onto my Monday Made-It!
http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2014/07/monday-made-it-summer-week-6.html
Since I'm blogging from Orlando and most of my projects I've been working on are in Ft. Myers, I'll have a LOT of goodies to show in the next few weeks. Luckily, I remembered to take pictures while making these number magnets last week. It is SUPER EASY ya'll!! So easy that I'm going to give you the step-by-step in just pictures (well, mostly).
 First, gather your supplies--glass pebbles, magnets, and tacky glue. This was all collected from a quick trip to Hobby Lobby and cost about $7. I've also heard you can get the glass pebbles from the Dollar Tree. It's also very important to use clear tacky glue for this project!
Then, print out your numbers! I did mine on 5 different sheets of card stock so I could alternate the colors.
Ok, now onto the wordless part... :)

 This was a quick and easy project I did while watching a movie one rainy afternoon. These can be used for SO many things -- pairing and grouping students, center rotations, job charts, lunch counts, and so much more!! :)

Last but not least, have you heard about this super fun scavenger hunt Blog Hoppin' is hosting?! I'm participating and hoping to win an awesome camera!!!
Follow along with us on Instagram -- our username is sunsandsecondgrade!!


10 comments :

  1. So cute! These are way easier to make than I realized. I may need to try them out for my classroom this year!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the magnets! I'm going to have to make a set. Thanks for sharing!! :)
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made so many collections of those magnets! I love them..so cheap and SO easy! Last year I made little sets with teacher scrapbook paper for my team. They were a hit!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I need to make a set for my class too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do this before going back to school! This would be awesome for my lunch count! Cute Ideas!
    ~Kayla
    Kayla in the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to do this project! Thanks for the easy how to!

    Laura
    www.tattlingtotheteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never realized how easy these were to make! I might have to add this to my to-do list!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have the template for the numbers that you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can email it to you! :) Just leave me your email!

      Delete
    2. Could I get a copy of the number template too, please? Thank you:) karenpeck33@yahoo.com

      Delete