Friday, June 27, 2014

Five for Friday & CHEVRON Pocket Charts?!


I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday -- be sure to link up and join in on the fun!! :)

 On Tuesday night, Kellie Pickler gave a free concert down at the beach. We went with some friends and had a blast- as she left, I even managed to grab a picture with her. It doesn't get much better than a country concert for this girl! ;)




I know it's summer and I should be relaxing by the pool (which I have been!), but I've also been doing quite a bit of planning for my classroom next year. My hubby keeps telling me to relax, but decorating and setting up my classroom is so FUN for me, that it doesn't feel like I'm working all that much. Needless to say, when a fellow blogger posted a picture on Facebook of some particular baskets I've been waiting for at Big Lots, I called all of the surrounding stores. ;) The last one I called said they'd just gotten their shipment in. Well, I was there within the hour and this is what greeted me:


After that trip, I definitely need to cool my back-to-school shopping for a little while. ;)

Have you been watching the World Cup? I'm going to be honest - my hubby plays soccer, watches soccer, LOVES soccer...I've never been a huge fan. BUT, I've gone out and watched all 3 of the US Soccer Games the past two weeks with him, and I've had a blast!! We've gone to the "Official Watch-Spot" in Ft. Myers for every game, and it has been completely packed full of fans.

We even made it on the front page of the newspaper this morning after yesterday's game!! I have no clue what I'm doing, and this is so not flattering, but I had to share it anyway. ;) 

I am SO excited to share this with you!!! I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of the primary blue (and sometimes red) that all pocket charts come in. I was probably a little too excited when I found these:
http://www.mardel.com/search/?keyword=filetastic
http://www.mardel.com/search/?keyword=filetastic

http://www.mardel.com/search/?keyword=filetastic

They have lots of great colors - black, chevron, turquoise, purple, green, burlap, and more!! They even have smaller versions of these with only 6 slots for file folders. I've already replaced my red one I keep by my desk with the black and white chevron chart....and may have bought some hot pink file folders to go with it. The best part is, they are only $12.99!! 
Check them out here! :)

Is anyone else looking forward to this?! It's on TONIGHT!!! I can't wait to tune in and see Cory and Topanga again!! ;) Come back afterwards and let me know what you thought!!

Have a GREAT weekend, friends!!!

2 comments :

  1. Big Lots: distracting teachers from enjoying their summers all across the country!! I was just there :P I have Girl Meets World waiting for me on my DVR! I heard it was good!
    Glad I found your blog!
    Emily
    Munchkins Inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was cute...had the Disney cheese factor, but it was fun to watch!! Hope you enjoy it too! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete